The National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS) engages with the scientific community through trainings, tours, hackathons, talks, and conference participation throughout the year.
Updates from the NCCS Community
Conferences and Invited Talks
- Staff from the Advanced Technologies section attended the ASCR Workshop on the Management and Storage of Scientific Data held virtually on January 24, 25, and 27, 2022. Nine position papers from the section were also accepted at the workshop.
- Several staff members from the Advanced Technology Section attended and participated in the ASCR Workshop on Visualization for Scientific Discovery, Decision-Making, & Communication, which was held virtually on January 18-20, 2022. https://web.cvent.com/event/fc8f3c09-0e35-4189-82b4-17f2d3e4e73e/summary
- Rafael Ferreira da Silva (Senior Research Scientist, Data Lifecycle and Scalable Workflows Group), Seher Acer (Research Scientist, Technology Integration Group), and Christopher Zimmer (HPC Systems Engineer, Technology Integration Group) are serving on the program committee for multiple disciplines for the 36th IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS 2022) on May 30-June 3, 2022.
- Sean Wilkinson, Research Scientist in the Data Lifecycle and Scalable Workflows Group, helped deliver the talk, “Enabling Discovery Data Science Through Cross-Facility Workflows” at the 3rd International Workshop on Big Data Tools, Methods, and Use Cases for Innovative Scientific Discovery (BTSD 2021) on December 15-18, 2021. The work presented findings from a 2020 ALCC project on the topic of cross-facility workflows led by a team from ALCF, NERSC, and OLCF.
- Rafael Ferreira da Silva, Senior Research Scientist in the Data Lifecycle and Scalable Workflows Group, presented an American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting Town Hall Session called “TH23H – Data FAIR Working Session: FAIR Workflows – Best practices, services, and tools for helping researchers increase the portability and reproducibility of their work,” on December 14, 2021. https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/meetingapp.cgi/Session/123615